SAT test prep boot camp
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors:
Mesquite High School is hosting a special SAT Test Prep Seminar Boot Camp in the auditorium, on Friday, Sept. 26, 2014 from 8:35 am to 3:00 pm. Wednesday, Sept. 24 is the final day of registration on campus.
There are two ways to register:
- See Ms. Melton at the ticket booth before Wednesday, Sept. 24 to register with cash or a check for $55 payable to Test Prep Seminars.
- Visit www.testprepseminars.org & click on registration, use school code ‘mesquite’ and pay securely via PayPal.
Don’t forget to bring pens, pencils, a highlighter and a calculator.
See your counselor for more information!
Anyone interested in a career as a teacher is welcome to join TAFE. Participants in TAFE are eligible to compete at the State and National level for opportunities to earn scholarships. The meeting will be Wednesday September 17th at 4:00 in P3. See Mrs. Macewich or Mrs. Lively for more information.
SKEETER READER BOOK CLUB
Want to forget the realities of your everyday life and go on a mind-fulfilling adventure?? Join SKEETER READER BOOK CLUB! It will start on Tuesday, Sept. 16 at 7:45 a.m. in M-15. Why should you come? Free books, new friends, fun and great discussions. Come join us!
How to send your tip to the Mesquite High School Text A Tip Hotline:
1. Text to 214-695-9489 plus your message. You will always remain anonymous.
2. Tips that lead to the arrest of suspects, as well as the recovery of stolen property and drugs are eligible for cash rewards of up to $100, which are paid to tipsters on an anonymous basis.
Help keep MHS safe one text at a time!
JUNIOR CLASS RINGS
Attention JUNIORS..Time to order your class ring! Balfour will be here on September 23rd to discuss HOW to order rings...Ordering of rings will take place during all lunches on 9/30 and 10/01!
COLLEGE NIGHT 2014
The district College Night 2014 will take place Monday, September 15th at Eastfield College from 6:00 - 8:00pm. Don't forget to register in advance online so that colleges will have easy access to your contact information.
Seniors!! Please make sure you are checking the Scholarship wall located outside the Counseling Center periodically for possible scholarship opportunities!
Students, grades 9-12, are you interested in scholarship money for college? Collegiate Steps and other Teen Programs are back...at the Mesquite Boys & Girls Club! Join us for our Open House event on Monday, September 15th at 6:00pm. We are located at 4869 Gus Thomasson Rd.
MHS - I Am Second
I am Second will begin having meetings again on Tuesday, September 16th, after school in L10. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Syblik or Mrs. Brown. We look forward to seeing you there!
The MHS Homecoming dance is October 4th at the Hampton Inn in Mesquite by the Rodeo Center. If you would like to attend please pick up an information packet in the main office. Any non-MHS students must be approved by administration.
The library will begin extended hours this week. They will be open after school until 5:00 on WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY so that students can work on homework and school projects.
- Do you know someone who would like to be a Junior Skeeter? Junior Skeeters are Skeeter fans ages 12 and under who meet to cheer on our team every home game just before kickoff. If your child would like to participate, please use the link below to sign up. You can also sign up at the Booster Club table. If you would like to join us in running through the helmet after the team, please meet us at the north end of the field (closest to the fieldhouse) @ 6:45. Feel free to forward this message on to someone you think might be interested.
- We look forward to seeing a huge swarm of Junior Skeeters this year!!!!!
- Click here for the link!
CLASS OF 2015 SENIOR HOODIES/T-SHIRTS
CLASS OF 2016 HOODIE
CLASS OF 2017 HOODIE
CLASS OF 2018 HOODIE
Did you travel out of the state or the country this summer? If you did the Mesquite-o yearbook wants your story. See Mrs. Liske in K6 for details.
Mesquite High bowling team
Do you like to go bowling?
If you can you bowl a strike or hit at least one pin you should join the STATE BOUND Mesquite Skeeters bowling team.
District Champs 4 years in a row & we are ready for the 5th year.
Please see or contact Coach Chandler for more information.
- Yearbooks are on sale now. Buy it or start your payment plan before September 30th and get a free name stamping on your book. For details see Mrs. Liske in K6 or you can order them outside the cafeteria every B day during all lunches.
MHS TEACHERS LEARNING THE SCHOOL SONG
MHS BOOSTER CLUB fundraiser
Come and support the MHS Booster Club! The fundraiser is for Thursday, September 18th, at Genghis Grill and runs all day long. Participants can take a flyer or they can just tell their server they are there for the MHS Booster Club Fundraiser.
You can forward to friends, post online, invite anyone and everyone you know. Click here to print the flyer!
TSA STUDENTS PERFORMED WELL AT NATIONALS
TSA members from Mesquite High School, Poteet High School and West Mesquite High School competed at the Technology Students Association National Conference held at the Gaylord National Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland from June 27-July 1, 2014.
Several students from Mesquite High School placed in the National Top 10:
3rd Place - Extemporaneous Presentation
5th Place - Extemporaneous Presentation
* First time two students from a MISD school placed in the top 10 in the same event at a National Career and Technical Education student organization event.
7th Place - On Demand Video
Jack Nystrom, Daniel Carpenter, Abel Renova, Josh Wendt & Chris Boucher
MHS Advisors: Ricky Broussard & Donny Coursey
Congratulations on your great success, Skeeters!!!
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
Attention all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors interested in becoming members of National Honor Society this fall:
Information packets are now available outside of A13 or click here to download the packet.
To be considered for induction in NHS, your completed information packets, letters, and proof of 25 community service hours must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 19th to room A13 or A15.
For further information, please see Ms. Hix in A13 or Mrs. Butaineh in A15.
Bring Your Own Device Program
- MHS students may now access MISD WiFi on their personal electronic devices - cell phones, tablets, and so on. Click this link, here to learn more about the Bring Your Own Device program at MHS and to review the requirements for participating in this program.
Decathlon Team - ACDEC
Business Professionals of America - BPA
Drill Team - All Stars
I Am Second
National Honor Society
National Spanish Honor Society
Newspaper - Swarm
Technology Students Association - TSA
Theatre - On the Spot