For parents or administrators who want to access the Instructional Maps, go to the MISD website: www.mesquiteisd.org. There are two ways to access these maps from the MISD homepage.
- On the menu bar, select the “For Parents” tab and move the cursor to the right to “Instructional Program” and click on it. On the “Instructional Program” page, click on “Curriculum.” On the bottom right-hand side of the “Curriculum” page, go to the box labeled “Related Link” and click on “Instructional Maps.”
- Under “Quick Links” click on “Instructional Program,” then click on “Curriculum.” On the bottom right-hand side of the “Curriculum” page, go to the box labeled “Related Link” and click on “Instructional Maps.”
Should you have parents who cannot access the Instructional Maps because they do not have Adobe Reader on their computer, send them to www.adobe.com. The parent can then click on the box labeled “Get Adobe Reader” for this free program for their computer.
- Elementary - The Instructional Maps are listed by each elementary campus for each grade level at that campus due to the science kit rotations. This is less confusing for parents than trying to explain about rotations of kits.
- If the parent has a sixth grader in elementary school, notice that they would find the IM for sixth grade on the elementary campus in the same format as all the other grades.
- Secondary - For secondary course Instructional Maps, the parents would click on Middle school courses or High school courses listed that they wish to see.
- If the parent has a sixth grader in middle school, the IM is listed under separate Middle School courses.
If you want to bookmark this page to share with parents or bookmark it for yourselves, this is the page: http://www.mesquiteisd.org/instructprog/instructionalmaps.html. (As an elementary principal, you would look up your campus on this list and not worry about which science kit rotation your campus has been assigned.)
Some grade levels and courses are complete for the year, but a few are not. They will all be completed for second semester before the winter break as we update curriculum. These will also be updated annually each August before school begins.