Mesquite ISD encompasses an area of approximately 60 square miles along either side of Interstate 635 in east Dallas County. It draws from the communities of Mesquite, Garland and Balch Springs as well as areas of Dallas. The district serves approximately 38,000 students on 51 campuses.
Vision: Excellence Always
Mission: The mission of Mesquite ISD is to develop an inspiring and innovative learning community that educates and empowers students to pursue excellence.
- Each student holds unique value and infinite promise.
- Experiences that foster collaboration, communication, curiosity, and contextual learning prepare students for a competitive workforce.
- Our democracy depends on educational experiences that develop responsible citizens.
- MISD employees form a passionate learning family committed to professional growth.
- A diverse and involved community positively impacts our students.
- Leadership Through Ownership (LTO) - Employees own their leadership development and build their skills over time to create a pipeline of future ready leaders for our campuses and district.
- Facility Upgrades - Ensure MISD has facilities ready and able to accommodate future staff and student needs (technology refresh, roof repairs and renovations/repurposing of buildings, if necessary).
- AYO - Provide a tailored learning experience for each student by identifying his or her passions and aptitudes while promoting student ownership.
- Accreditation - Implement a process for schools to report the success, needs and action plans to the public so that we emphasize local control and ensure campuses reach deeper and higher levels of excellence.
- Leadership Empowerment Team - Break cultural-, gender-, race- and ability-related barriers to create opportunities for students, staff, parents and community members.
- Literacy Lens - Every student will read on grade level by 3rd grade.
- Vanguard High School - Prepare students for life after graduation by providing specialized training in career choice options and offering the opportunity for college credit and industry-based certifications.