Mesquite ISD encompasses an area of approximately 60 square miles along either side of Interstate 635 in east Dallas County. It draws from the communities of Mesquite, Garland and Balch Springs as well as areas of Dallas. The district serves more than 38,000 students on 49 campuses.
The Mission of Mesquite ISD is to develop an inspiring and innovative learning community that educates and empowers students to pursue excellence.
- Each student holds unique value and infinite promise.
- Experiences that foster collaboration, communication, curiosity, and contextual learning prepare students for a competitive workforce.
- Our democracy depends on educational experiences that develop responsible citizens.
- MISD employees form a passionate learning family committed to professional growth.
- A diverse and involved community positively impacts our students.