Choice Career High School
Opening Fall 2021!
We are so excited about plans for our new Choice Career High School for Mesquite ISD students. This high school will focus on four major schools including School of Health Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Construction Science and School of Technology. It will serve 2,000 students—at half the construction costs of a traditional high school.
Although the campus will not offer sports or fine arts, as a traditional high school would, extracurricular activities that are aligned and related to a student's focus of study will be offered. The high school is slated to open August 2021 and will be accessible to high school students across the district, regardless of attendance zone, through an application process.
- Why is Mesquite ISD creating a new type of high school focused on college and career preparation?
- Why would a student choose to enroll in a program at the CCHS rather than pursuing their education at one of MISD’s traditional high schools?
- What will be different about this school for my child?
- How will my child gain a variety of experiences when they cannot participate in traditional extracurricular activities?
- How will a high school in Texas work with no athletics?
- How will my child/student be connected with potential employers?
- How will students get into this school?
- Is there a GPA requirement for acceptance into the CCHS?
- What if a feeder pattern does not fill all of its allotted student slots for a program?
- I have heard that students who are a discipline problem will not be allowed to stay at the CCHS and will be sent back to their feeder pattern school. Is this true, and if so, why?
Career Pathways at the Choice Career High School
There are four “schools” within the CCHS, and each offers specific career pathways.
School of Health Science
School of Engineering
Automotive Collision Repair
School of Construction Science
School of Technology