In any community it is vital that those in education, business and industry, and community members communicate in order that Career and Technical Education can perform the function for which it was designed. The Advisory Board is the vehicle by which the District develops this communication.
The goals of the board are to:
- Advise the District in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the District of current job needs and of the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the District.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet its goals.
- Encourage students to continue their education and preparation for a career beyond the high school level by providing scholarships for outstanding students.
- Enhance political and community support of vocational education.
2021-22 Career & Technical Education Advisory Board Members
Chris Grubb - Southwest Airlines
Chris Hagan – Vince Hagan
Tristen Williams – Mesquite Specialty Hospital
Eva Esparza - Ashley Furniture
Evelyn Williams - Williams Paint & Body
Gary Brown – Performance Pulsation
Graham Baumann - WRA Architects
Jack Love - Town East Mall
Janet Foreman - Eastfield College
Jay Thompson – Mesquite Police Department
Jennifer Carroll – Nissan
Jennifer Vidler - Mystic Coiffures
Kevin Thomas - Town East Ford
Kenneth Zimmerman - Ashley Furniture
Kim Buttram - City of Mesquite
LaKeitha Bradley - Big Hit Creative/Parent
Pam Esparza - Orora Visual
Randall Shutter - Nissan
Robert Barvais - Vince Hagan
Mike Oltean - Morley-Moss
Milagros Rivera Mercado - Walmart Supply Chain
Brandi Brice - CTE Counselor
Simone Daniels - Eastfield College
Shawn Scott - Hack My Future
Stacey Smith - Morrison Products
Steven Bridges - Workforce Solutions
Teresa Jackson - Sharing Life
Terriekka Cardenas - Perceptive Engineering
Terry McCullough - Mesquite Chamber
Tonda Sadler - Harwood International
Tyesha Simmons - MISD Food Services