In any community it is vital that those in education, business and industry, and community members communicate in order that Career and Technical Education can perform the function for which it was designed. The Advisory Board is the vehicle by which the District develops this communication.
The goals of the board are to:
- Advise the District in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the District of current job needs and of the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the District.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet its goals.
- To encourage students to continue their education and preparation for a career beyond the high school level by providing scholarships for outstanding students.
- Enhance political and community support of vocational education.
2018 - 2019 Career & Technical Education Advisory Board Members
|Bryan Odom - Clown Company||LaKeitha Bradley - Big Hit Creative|
|Chris Grubb - Southwest Airlines||Maggie Luce - Orora Visual|
|Eva Esparza - Ashley Furniture||Natalie White - CTE Counselor|
|Evelyn Williams - Williams Paint & Body||Rebecca Lanman - Mesquite Specialty Hospital|
|Graham Baumann - WRA Architects||Simone Daniels - Eastfield College|
|Jack Love - Town East Mall||Shawn Scott - Hack My Future|
|Janet Foreman - Eastfield College||Steven Bridges - Workforce Solutions|
|Jennifer Vidler - Mystic Coiffures||Teresa Jackson - Sharing Life|
|Joy Vroonland - CTE Parent||Terriekka Cardenas - Perceptive Engineering|
|Karen Nickoli - Town East Ford||Terry McCullough - Mesquite Chamber|
|Kenneth Zimmerman - Ashley Furniture||Tonda Sadler - Widewaters Hotels|
|Kim Buttram - City of Mesquite||Tyesha Simmons - Chef in MISD Food Services|