4-Year-Old Pre-K Enrollment 2020-21
Full-Day Pre-K Coming August 2020
This program IS AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES WHO MEET CRITERIA SET BY THE STATE OF TEXAS. If space allows, A TUITION-BASED PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE for families who do not meet state criteria for the free program.
Starting next fall, Mesquite ISD elementary campuses will offer full-day pre-K for 4-year-olds who live in our district or who are children of our employees. Our high-quality, highly engaging program will put your child on a path for school success. A fully certified teacher and one teaching assistant will guide each classroom. They’ll teach no more than 22 students—prospective friends—per class.
What exciting things are in store for your child? He or she is sure to grow academically surrounded by books and innovative learning tools. We’ll work hard to build your child’s letter and number recognition skills and ever-important vocabulary, among so much more. Our classrooms will transform based on units of study, and that captivates students and makes learning even more fun. For example, during a unit on animals, you may find the classroom mirroring a veterinarian office.
At full-day pre-K, their social skills will develop, too. Our teaching will cover how to take turns, model manners and be a good team member. Students will learn how to understand what they are feeling and how to express emotions in positive ways. In the end, these girls and boys will become kindergarten-ready!
What’s more, parents and family members will get in on the learning fun, too. We’ll do our best to show you how to extend your child’s academic and social development even more at home!
4-Year-Old Pre-K Enrollment Presentation
This narrated PowerPoint explains all you need to know to about pre-K enrollment for 4-year-olds. To download and watch, click the button below.
Is my child eligible for FREE PreK?
Students must live in Mesquite ISD, be age 4 by Sept. 1, 2020, AND meet one of the following requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
TEC §29.153(b), SAAH, Section 7.2, TEC 5.001 (4)
For students who qualify for FREE PreK:
Begin the enrollment process online at
Upload your required SkyWard and required enrollment documents to complete the enrollment process. If you are unable to upload your required documents, a staff member from Administrative Services will contact you to complete the enrollment process.
For families interested in tuition-based PreK:
Space is limited for paid pre-K spots, and not all campuses will have tuition-based spots available.
DO NOT attempt to enroll your student online. Complete the forms in the viewable/printable information packet. Click the button below to view, download and print the packet.
Families on the wait list will be contacted about tuition-based openings beginning in June.
Tuition cost will be $425 a month, September through May.