4-Year-Old Pre-K Enrollment 2020-21
Full-Day Pre-K Coming August 2020
This program IS AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES WHO MEET CRITERIA SET BY THE STATE OF TEXAS. If space allows, A TUITION-BASED PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE for families who do not meet state criteria for the free program.
Starting next fall, Mesquite ISD elementary campuses will offer full-day pre-K for 4-year-olds who live in our district or who are children of our employees. Our high-quality, highly engaging program will put your child on a path for school success. A fully certified teacher and one teaching assistant will guide each classroom. They’ll teach no more than 22 students—prospective friends—per class.
What exciting things are in store for your child? He or she is sure to grow academically surrounded by books and innovative learning tools. We’ll work hard to build your child’s letter and number recognition skills and ever-important vocabulary, among so much more. Our classrooms will transform based on units of study, and that captivates students and makes learning even more fun. For example, during a unit on animals, you may find the classroom mirroring a veterinarian office.
At full-day pre-K, their social skills will develop, too. Our teaching will cover how to take turns, model manners and be a good team member. Students will learn how to understand what they are feeling and how to express emotions in positive ways. In the end, these girls and boys will become kindergarten-ready!
What’s more, parents and family members will get in on the learning fun, too. We’ll do our best to show you how to extend your child’s academic and social development even more at home!
Is my child eligible for FREE PreK?
Students must live in Mesquite ISD, be age 4 by Sept. 1, 2020, AND meet one of the following requirements:
- Limited English proficiency
- Economically disadvantaged
- Child of an active, deceased or injured member of the US Armed Forces
- Has ever been in state foster care
For students who qualify for FREE PreK:
- Begin the enrollment process online at SkyWard Family Access.
- Upload your required SkyWard and required enrollment documents to complete the enrollment process. If you are unable to upload your required documents, a staff member from Administrative Services will contact you to complete the enrollment process.
- If you enroll by May 22, you will receive a FREE pre-K readiness kit—while they last—with books and other materials.
For families interested in tuition-based PreK:
- Space is limited for paid pre-K spots, and not all campuses will have tuition-based spots available.
- Plan to watch an information session through Facebook Live, Tuesday, March 31, at 4 p.m. on the district's Facebook page. The live broadcast will remain on the district's Facebook page to view at a later time.
- A viewable/printable information packet is available for download by clicking the button below.
Tuition-Based PreK Information Packet
- Families on the wait list will be contacted about tuition-based openings beginning in June.
- Tuition cost will be $425 a month, September through May.