3-Year-Old Pre-K Enrollment 2020-21
Is my child eligible for FREE 3-Year-Old PreK?
Students must live in Mesquite ISD, be age 3 by Sept. 1, 2020, AND meet at least one of the following requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
TEC §29.153(b), SAAH, Section 7.2, TEC 5.001 (4)
For the 2020-21 school year, the following facilities will offer 3-year-old PreK options for half and full days for students who live in Mesquite ISD and qualify under state-mandated requirements.
Half-Day 3-Year-Old Pre-K Program with full day option w/ CCA or private pay:
CP Preparatory School, 603 S. Bryan-Beltline Road, Mesquite, TX 75149
Little Guys and Gals Montessori, 1615 Oates Dr., Mesquite, TX 75150
Half-Day 3-Year-Old Pre-K Bilingual Program:
Seabourn Elementary, 2249 Picadilly Blvd., Mesquite.
Henrie Elementary, 253 W. Lawson Rd., Mesquite.
Full-Day HEADSTART Program for 3-Year-Olds:
Floyd Elementary, 3025 Hickory Tree, Balch Springs.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can begin the enrollment process online by clicking the button below:
Required documentation to enroll:
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Proof of residency (utility bill, lease or mortgage)
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's social security card
- Child's current immunization records
- SNAP or TANF eligibility letter or two most recent paycheck stubs
For more information or questions, please call 972.882.5460.