- Are special education students eligible to enroll in the VLA?
- How will students with dyslexia be served through the VLA?
- Will the VLA serve 504 and MTA students?
- What school supplies will my child need for VLA?
- How long will the VLA be an option?
- How and when do I enroll my child in the VLA?
- Will advanced placement, pre-AP and gifted/talented classes be available to students enrolled in VLA?
- Will there be any online training for parents to familiarize them with the Edgenuity platform?
- Is Edgenuity a self-paced platform?
- Will parents be able to check on their child’s progress and whether he or she is keeping up with the class-time requirements?
- Will there be support services to help the parents help their children with schoolwork?
- Will students have one-on-one instruction with a teacher?
- Will students keep the same teachers they were assigned to when the school year began?
- If someone from my child’s school gets Covid-19, will everyone transfer to VLA?
- As teachers and educators, which method do you believe would be better for the student to attend?
- Will VLA students be ahead of on-campus students in the curriculum due to the possibility of closure? If on-campus students have to switch to Learn Anywhere, will the on-campus students fall behind?
- Will the teacher "just be available" during their class time? OR will they actually be teaching "live" class during that class time?
- How many kids will a teacher have when virtual?
- Will the VLA hours be flexible to accommodate parents’ work schedules?
- Will the assignments or classes that aren’t “live” have to be done 8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. or any time the child chooses during the day?
- What time do the kids have to log in daily?
- With STAAR testing coming back, how will virtual students take STAAR ?
- Will there be a limit on how many times parents can change their mind from in person to virtual?
Send us your questions about the Virtual Learning Academy
Email your questions about the VLA to firstname.lastname@example.org
Many people have the same or similar questions, so we will use the questions you send us to create the FAQs we will post on this page. You may not receive an individual reply to your email, especially if you have a common question. Please check the FAQs before emailing us to see if your question has already been answered.