Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
The Hubert and Georgia Rossin Memorial Scholarship is a one-time $2,500 award given to a deserving student in the Mesquite Independent School District, who has grown from the experience of being cared for by a foster family during his or her lifetime.
The financial award is intended to help defer the cost of a student's continuing education, books or living expenses and will be paid directly to the student’s program/school. The payment will be made to the program/school upon the request of the recipient and can be held by the scholarship committee for up to one year, upon the request of the recipient.
The Waterloo Foundation has also announced a scholarship for students graduating from an accredited public or parochial high school in Waterloo, Iowa, in honor of Hubert and Georgia Rossin. Those students, who are either residing in a foster care home or previously resided in a foster care home, are eligible to apply.
- Student has to have been or is currently residing in a foster care home.
- Student has to be in good standing in the Mesquite Independent School District.
- Student has to attend either a two-year or four-year college/university or be actively completing a certification program of study.
- January 6, 2020 – Application process is open
- March 16, 2020 – Application is due EXTENDED
- TBD – Announcement of Recipients
- TBD – Waterloo Community Foundation to award its recipient
- TBD – Presentation to Mesquite Recipient