Anonymous Fraud Reporting
The hotline and online form reporting is NOT a 911 system to report immediate threats to life or property nor is it to report issues such as bullying, or other campus or department issues where a reporting process already exists.
This reporting system is meant to gather information from district employees on the following situations involving district operations:
- Accounting, auditing and internal financial controls issues – where policies and procedures are not being followed
- Embezzlement – theft of funds belonging to the employer (MISD in this case)
- Falsification of contracts – changing documents in order to take advantage and deceive
- Fraud – deliberate deception to obtain personal gain or deprive a victim of a legal right
- Theft of property – where district property is involved
Your identity will be kept anonymous. If you wish to identify yourself, you are protected from retaliation — by law. Fill out a simply form online or call the hotline — all anonymously
Or call 833-460-0009 to speak with a representative.
Mesquite ISD has established a fraud hotline through Light House Services for the purposes of anonymous reports of suspected fraud and unlawful behavior within the district. While an employee has every opportunity to report to their direct supervisor any issue they observe under existing district procedures, an additional manner to report in confidence certain types of issues (see above) provides employees with an opportunity to escalate an issue when they might not otherwise. The Light House Services process does not capture phone numbers or internet addresses when information is submitted. More information on this Hotline process is available under Regulation CAA.
The district takes these issues very seriously and will research them and act with all diligence. Whistle blower protections against retaliation by the district apply to this hotline reporting. However, the use of this hotline to falsely report information to cause harm to others reputations will likewise be taken seriously to the extent of district and legal remedies.