COVID-19 Info for MISD Staff
Symptoms of COVID-19
According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
People with the following symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms.
Guidelines for Staff
All employees must self-assess prior to coming to work. Stay home if symptoms of COVID-19 present. Leave work immediately if symptoms begin while at work.
In every case of confirmed or possible exposure, the employee should notify his/her campus nurse. If you don’t have a campus nurse, please notify Macey Dossey, Director of Health Services at ext. 7355 or email@example.com.
Information on this page is provided specifically for Mesquite ISD employees. Please check this page often for updates you may need to know.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2020. Click the following buttons to view a downloadable, printable flyer about FFCRA in English and Spanish.
Click the thumbnail image below to view a downloadable, printable action tree for employees with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions for Staff
- Will an employee's pay be docked if he/she is required to be quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure or possible exposure either at work or outside of work?
- Will the district provide employees with extra sick days for COVID-19?
- When a teacher gets COVID-19, how long will he/she be required to be out and will he/she still be in charge of all lesson plans?
- How will we respond to cases where there is COVID-19 exposure at a campus or district facility?
- How will the district know if an employee has been exposed to COVID-19 outside of work or has a positive diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Will we be notified if a student or staff member on our campus tests positive for COVID-19?
- When can employees with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 return to work after quarantine?