Employee Transfers


Teachers and other eligible employees may request a transfer to another campus/department within the District provided the employee meets the following criteria:

  • Must have two years’ experience on a campus or in a department*

  • Completion of the Transfer Request Form

  • Approval from the current principal or immediate supervisor INDICATED BY HIS/HER SIGNATURE

The completed Transfer Request Form must be submitted to Personnel Services on or before March 12 of the year in which the transfer is requested. Requesting a transfer does not ensure the request will be approved. Transfer approval is based on campus need, principal recommendation, and authorization by the Director-Personnel Services.

Should any employee transfer to another campus at their own request, the district seniority would be forfeited and the building/campus seniority would take precedent when reassignments are necessitated by adjustments in enrollment. In order to fill vacancies, principals/supervisors are encouraged to interview employees from the official request list. The administration reserves the right to reassign any teacher or employee.

*Any teacher or paraprofessional who was involuntarily moved at the beginning or during the year due to enrollment, etc., will be allowed to request a transfer after one year. (The two-year requirement on a campus or department will be waived.)

Download a printable transfer request form for PROFESSIONALS 

Download a printable transfer request form for PARAPROFESSIONALS