Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
The Hubert and Georgia Rossin Memorial Scholarship is a one-time $2,500 award given to a deserving student in the Mesquite Independent School District, who has grown from the experience of being cared for by a foster family during his or her lifetime or who is the biological or adopted child of parents who have served as foster parents.
The financial award is intended to help defer the cost of a student's continuing education, books or living expenses and will be paid directly to the student’s program/school. The payment will be made to the program/school upon the request of the recipient and can be held by the scholarship committee for up to one year, upon the request of the recipient.
The Waterloo Foundation has also announced a scholarship for students graduating from an accredited public or parochial high school in Waterloo, Iowa, in honor of Hubert and Georgia Rossin. Eligible students are those who are either currently residing in or previously resided in a foster care home.
- Student has been or is currently residing in a foster care home OR student is the biological or adopted child of parents who have served as foster parents.
- Student is in good standing in the Mesquite Independent School District.
- Student must attend either a two-year or four-year college/university or be actively completing a certification program of study.
- January 25 – Application process is open
- April 16 – Application is due
- April 30 – Announcement of Recipient
- May 6 - Waterloo Community Foundation Announcement of Recipient
- May 13 – Presentation to Mesquite Recipient