Automated Calls, Texts & Emails
Unwanted Automated Calls
Mesquite ISD uses a service called SchoolMessenger (or Skylert) to send automated phone calls, text messages and emails to parents and guardians about school-related safety, events, reminders, absences, tardies, etc.
If you are receiving Mesquite ISD messages in error and/or would like to have your phone number or email address removed from our notification system, please contact Laura Jobe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-882-7406.
Manage Your Notification Preferences
If you are the parent or guardian of a Mesquite ISD student, you may select how you would like to receive school-related notifications by setting your preferences in Skyward Family Access. You may select whether you want to be notified by phone (and at which phone number), by text or by email for each type of alert (emergency, general, absence, tardy and food account balances).
Opt In to Receive Text Messages from Mesquite ISD
To receive text message alerts about school safety, weather closings, events and more on your mobile phone, simply text “Y” or “Yes” to Mesquite ISD’s short code number, 67587. You can OPT OUT of these messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with the word “Stop.”
IMPORTANT: Your mobile phone number must be part of your student’s contact information on file with the school in order to receive alerts. To add your mobile number to your student’s information, contact the school or add the number online through Family Access.
- How do recipients “Opt-In” to receive text messages?
- How do recipients opt out of receiving text messages?
- Why don't the text messages come from a district phone number instead of the short code?
- I “Opted In,” but I’m not receiving texts?
- How do I know if it worked?
- What does it mean if I texted “Y” or “yes” and I received some sort of error message back?
- Will I be charged for the text messages that I receive from SchoolMessenger?