Office of the General Counsel
3819 Towne Crossing Blvd.
Mesquite, TX 75150
The Office of the General Counsel provides legal services for the Mesquite Independent School District. The General Counsel provides advice, counsel, and/or representation in the following areas:
- judicial and administrative proceedings
- review and negotiation of contracts
- public information requests
- student/parent and employee grievances
- student discipline proceedings
- special education and section 504 matters
- employment law
- family law matters impacting campuses
- and civil rights matters.
The General Counsel also coordinates training on matters of board policy and legal compliance.
All matters requiring legal advice or legal action should be directed to the Office of the General Counsel.