3819 Towne Crossing Blvd
Mesquite, TX 75150
Our mission is to promote student achievement and personal/social development for all students. MISD Counseling Services strive to provide students with the "best care, anywhere," and to be a model for effective school counseling across the state. Counselors encourage students to change the odds in their favor, empower them to be over-comers, be resilient and choose their own path, with determination to succeed and positively impact the world around them.
Mesquite ISD provides "wrap-around" comprehensive counseling programs at all of its schools in accordance with Texas Education Agency (TEA) and The Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Programs, 5th edition. The MISD counseling program is the winner of numerous Counselors Reinforcing Excellence for Students in Texas (CREST) awards and a Texas School Safety Center School Safety Spotlight Award.
School counseling programs offer a variety of services divided into four areas: guidance curriculum, responsive services, individual planning, and system support. School Counselors in MISD are here to support students, families, and staff in student success and development.
- Positive student self-concept
- Effective executive functioning skills
- Appropriate behavior to the situation and environment
- Effective interactions with diverse populations
- Effective and appropriate communication skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Development of healthy relationships
Personal Health and Safety
- Incorporation of wellness practices into daily living
- Demonstration of resiliency and positive coping skills
- Possession of assertiveness skills necessary for personal protection
Post-Secondary Planning and Career Readiness
- Motivation to succeed in personal endeavors
- Demonstration of career exploration skills
- Possession of the knowledge and skills to gather information for the purpose of post-secondary education and career planning
- Demonstration of awareness of the importance of postsecondary education
- Understanding of the relationship of academics to the world of work and to life at home and in the community