3819 Towne Crossing Blvd
(Across from Olive Garden)
Mesquite, TX 75150
Regular office hours
8 AM - 4:30 PM
Close at 4 PM on Fridays
Summer Office Hours
7:00am to 4:30pm
Monday - Thursday
- Access the app store on your mobile device and enter "Frontline Education" in the search bar.
- Click the Get or Install button and install the app. Once the download is complete, a welcome page will display.
- Click Get Started to proceed. The Sign In page then appears. Simply enter your Frontline ID account and click Sign In.
There are several opportunities for substitute positions including nurse, clerical, instructional assistants and classroom teachers.
Substitute Teacher and Substitute Instructional Assistant applications are online only and can be accessed at the bottom of this page through the Mesquite ISD's job board. Please read the information below carefully before applying to substitute in Mesquite ISD.
Substitute Instructional Assistant/ Clerical This position requires a high school diploma or GED.
This position requires a minimum of 30 standard, accredited college hours. If you have a bachelor’s degree or State Certification you will receive a higher daily rate of pay.
All district employees including substitutes are required to be fingerprinted by Texas state law to be allowed to work in a public school. The 80th Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 9 (SB 9), which mandated the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to acquire criminal history through fingerprint submission. This process requires the individual to hold a state-issued driver’s license or state-issued ID card. The cost for fingerprinting is just under $50. The district will not reimburse applicants for fingerprinting expenses.
Previous fingerprinting that you may have completed for a real estate license, nursing license or day care will not be accepted by the state education governing board TEA. If you are certified to teach in the state of Texas and have been digitally fingerprinted for certifications purposes, we should be able to acquire the results quickly.
If you are recommended for hire as a substitute, and you have not been fingerprinted through TEA, you will receive an email with a location code if you wish to fingerprint at the Mesquite ISD facility This email will explain about the email you will receive to set up your fingerprint appointment, as well.
- Click the Apply button next to a Substitute position in Job Listings.
- After your information is complete, you will receive a confirmation email, and your information will be saved, allowing you to return at any time to submit additional applications and to update your information on file.
- In order for your application to process quickly, please be sure that your references know to expect an emailed reference form from Mesquite ISD and to check their junk/spam folder for it. In addition, be sure to upload your transcripts if applying for substitute teacher or proof of high school graduation/GED if applying for substitute instructional assistant/clerical.
- Please monitor your application until you see that two references have responded. Once you have two references that have responded you can email email@example.com and request a review of your file. If you change an email address for a reference or add a reference you will also need to email Jennifer Johnson to request that references be resent.
- Once references are back and your file is reviewed your will be sent information to be fingerprinted for TEA through Mesquite ISD.