When you decide to retire from Mesquite ISD, follow these important steps:
- Contact the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) at (800) 223-8778 to request a copy of form TRS 18 (Request for Estimate of Retirement Benefits). You may also obtain this form online at www.trs.texas.gov
- Complete form TRS 18 and return it to TRS.
- Locate birth records for yourself and your primary beneficiary.
- Send your retirement letter to Personnel Services and to your campus or department administrator, notifying them of your plans to retire.
After receiving your retirement packet from TRS:
- Complete all paperwork in the packet.
- Contact Mesquite ISD's Payroll Director and Benefits Department to discuss your options for retirement date, payoff, and insurance. Let them know the month you choose to put on your retirement and TRS care form. REMEMBER THAT EACH EMPLOYEE'S RETIREMENT IS UNIQUE.
- Send your TRS-7 form to the Payroll Department.
- If you have any other questions concerning forms, contact a TRS Counselor at (800) 223-8778.
Other Items to Remember When Retiring:
- If you have purchased equipment through the district's Personal Computer Buy Program, contact the Payroll Department to determine any payoff requirements.
- All unused sick and personal days will be paid the month after retirement (compensation - to be determined by district policy).
- All extra pay or absences during the last two weeks before retirement need to be discussed with the Payroll Department.
- All insurance coverage or benefits will end the last day of the month of retirement or August 31st (depends on several factors).
- Contact the Benefits Office for any other questions regarding your insurance.
Please click here to review Mesquite ISD's Vendor Solicitation Rules