- Reading every day is the best thing you can do to keep your brain learning and growing!
- You learn new words, new places, new people, and new experiences with every book you read.
- In the ReadSquared app log how many pages you read each day. As you record your reading you'll earn badges too!
- If you record the title of the book you are reading, there is a special feature that will share new books you might like. Look for it on the screen.
- As you record your reading a few other surprises might show up in the games area.
Click the link above if you are having trouble logging into the app on your device or experiencing another issue with recording pages read.
What is Read Squared?
Read Squared is a program provided by Mesquite ISD Library Services that students & staff use to record the pages they've read.
How does it work?
READ Everything you read counts, even audiobooks!
EARN POINTS Every page you log adds one point to your score.
EARN BADGES Collect different badges as you earn points for reading.
What are some special features in Read Squared?
- Create a personalized Avatar for yourself
- Make Wish Lists of books you'd like to read
- Get book recommendations based on the books you've logged
- Access digital books directly from the app
Reading a webpage or listening to an audiobook? Use this conversion chart to help you record pages.
Every time you scroll down to the next "page," count that as 1 more page. Example: You read the screen, scroll down once to finish = 2 pages
Early and Intermediate chapter audiobooks 1 min = 1 page
YA audiobooks 1.5 min = 1 page
Turn the hours into minutes then divide by 1.5
For example: 11 hours, 43 min = 703 min divided by 1.5 = 469 pages
Students - Once in the app, search for Mesquite ISD (not the Mesquite Public Library) then click Continue with Classlink.
District Staff - Once in the app, search for Mesquite ISD (not the Mesquite Public Library) then click Continue with ReadSquared. Your login is your district username (NOT the full email address) and misd1234 is the temporary password. Click on the Account button at the top right of the page to change your password to your network credentials.
Brought to you by Library Services and the ELAR department